Custom Search
costa calida blogger: A POTATO SCULPTURE

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A POTATO SCULPTURE

A POTATO SCULPTURE





Cases Pedro now has something from which to remember over 70 years of farming. I think I would have preferred a clock.

Casas Pedro, who has just retired from farming at the age of 85, was delighted with this trophy, dug up by his own hand on the very final day of his employment.

He immediately separated it from the rest of the harvest and now has the potato proudly displayed on his mantelpiece.

“My wife wanted to cook it for dinner” he said “but I told her no!. A potato like this should not finish up in the kitchen. It deserves special treatment”. “I’m just happy to have something to remember a lifetime spent on the farm” he said.

Personally I think I would have preferred the clock!

No comments:

Post a Comment